Credit by Exam
CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is designed to allow students the opportunity to receive credit for college classes through examination only. Candidates must wait three months before retaking an exam with the same title. Exams with the same title taken before this waiting period will be voided with no refund.
Please consult with your academic advisor before taking a CLEP exam for credit. You may review the SSU CLEP Equivalency Chart for a list of courses in which you may earn CLEP credit at SSU. Please visit: http://clep.collegeboard.org for more detailed information. The total fee for the CLEP test is $95. This amount includes two separate payments:
- TEST ADMINISTRATION FEE ($15): The nonrefundable $15 test administration fee is paid online with a debit or credit card. So, register for your test and make your $15 test adminsitration fee payment today: REGISTER ONLINE. On the day of testing bring the receipt of payment/test confirmation and photo identification to the Testing Office. Examinees who do not show receipt of payment will not be allowed to test.
- CLEP TEST FEE ($80): The CLEP test fee is$80. In order to pay this fee you must create and manage your personal account through the My Account registration portal via the official cLEP website. The registration platform will allow you to register for a CLEP exam 24/7, manage your personal information any time prior to taking the exam, search for test centers, select your score recipient institution, and purchase study materials. Before you register and pay for a test, please consult your institution's policy on taking the CLEP and consult with your academic advisor to ensure that you will receive credit for the test in which you are interested. Registering for an exam provides you with a payment receipt and a Ticket ID, please ensure that you keep the TICKET ID information handy and bring it with you on the day of testing.
- See SSU COURSE EQUIVALENTS
- CLEP EXAM PREPARATION RESOURCES:
- CLEP Exam Registration Tutorial: This tutorial will guide you through the CLEP exam registration process, focusing primarily on the My Account portal where you can: purchase exams and study materials 24/7; identify a test center to take your exam; select a score recipient institution; and enter your personal information in advance to speed up the check-in process on test day. Watch Video.
- CLEP Tutorial - Testing Platform: This tutorial guides you through the testing platform to help you become familiar with the testing tools, the types of examination questions and the types of calculators that will appear in a CLEP exam. Download Video.
- CLEP Individual Exam Study Guides: If you're taking just one or two CLEP exams, consider purchasing individual exam guides. These contain the same content for each subject that appears in the CLEP Official Study Guide. CLICK HERE.
- CLEP Official Study Guides: This guide, developed and published by the College Board, is the official study resource for all 33 CLEP exams. It includes practice questions for all exams, exam descriptions, information on getting credit for CLEP and test-taking tips and strategies. CLICK HERE.
Space is limited. Please REGISTER ONLINE. now or call (912) 358-4487 for more information.
DSST (Dantes Subject Standardized Tests)
The Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) is designed to allow non-SSU students and military personnel to receive credit for college classes through examination utilizing non-traditional ways of education through on the job training, self-study and other life experiences. DSST requires a 90 day waiting period before you can retake the same exam. Please visit: www.getcollegecredit.com for more detailed information. The fee for the DANTES test is $95. This amount includes two separate payments:
- TEST ADMINISTRATION FEE ($15) The nonrefundable $15 test administration fee is paid online with debit or credit card. So, register for your test and make your $15 test adminsitration fee payment today: REGISTER ONLINE. On the day of testing bring the receipt of payment/test confirmation and photo identification to the Testing Office. Examinees who do not show receipt of payment will not be allowed to test.
- DSST TEST FEE ($80): The $80 DSST test fee must be paid on the day of testing as part of the test set-up and registration process. The preferred DSST payment methods are credit card, debit card, check or money order. The DSST Test fee of $80 must be payable to PROMETRIC .
Space is limited. Please call (912) 358-4487 to confirm test reservations prior to payment.