Student Health Services
Student Health Services is dedicated to the delivery of excellent health care, the facilitation of student learning and personal responsibility, and the continual improvement of medical services to foster the growth and attitudes for the future.
Harris-McDew Student Health Center
3219 College Street
Savannah, Georgia 31404
The Harris-McDew Health Center is located on Jasmine Avenue adjacent to Payne Hall. It includes beds for temporary observation and care.
Student Health Services is funded by Student Health fees and operates under the Division of Student Affairs. This "Institutional Health Center" is one "operated in conjunction with a university and restricts its admissions and services to the institution's students primarily for diagnosis, first aid, and the treatment of patients with a minor or short term acute illness or injury.
All students enrolled in the University that pay the Student Health fee are eligible to receive services at the Health Center. The student must present his or her student identification card in order to receive treatment.
Employees may receive treatment for emergencies only.
Students who are too ill to attend classes must report to the student health center or obtain a private physician's excuse to present to the instructor upon returning to classes. Sick students may not be permitted to remain in the residence hall without medical attention. Any seriously contagious or unusual illness of students should be reported to Health Services immediately.
Hours of Operations
|General Hours||Monday - Friday
||9am - 3pm|
|5pm - 8pm
3pm - 5pm
|Curtis V Cooper||Monday, Thursday
|By appointment or walk in 8am - 5pm
Friday morning only
- Physician Exams and Care
- Prescription and over the counter medication
- STD Testing, Treatment and Counseling
- Preventive Medicine and Wellness Promotion Programs
- Student Health Insurance Information
- Health Related Programs and Outreach
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Referrals to private providers for specialty, urgent, and emergency care
- Health Screening e.g., Blood Pressure
- Information and training materials
- Limited Laboratory Testing
- Collaborative Health Programs
- Health Education
- Women's Clinic
- Substance Education Program
- Pregnancy Resource Center
- Sexual Health
- Curtis V. Cooper Health Fair
- Health and Wellness Focus Group
2016 - 2017
Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan
Designated Especially for Students of Savannah State University
A UnitedHealth Group Company
Click the links below for information regarding the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan
HIV Testing Center
Click here for more information about HIV testing provided for SSU students.