Welcome to the Counseling Center!
Need help juggling your responsibilities?
The Counseling Center provides free, confidential, personal counseling and support to all students at SSU. We know that college life is a transitional period marked by change, pressure and stress. Therefore, our goal is to help students understand this period, find ways of coping and grow from their experiences.
Mission: - To provide developmental, remedial, educational, preventive and
consultative/training services which will assist students to grow and
experience personal and academic success within the educational
Counseling Learning Outcomes
Students who receive counseling services should, upon completion of required sessions be:
- Able to do positive and realistic self appraisal
- Able to recognize triggers and obstacles that hamper goal achievement
- Able to demonstrate healthy help seeking behaviors
- Able to develop personal goals and objectives to address problems or concerns
- Able to articulate what confidentiality is and identify at least one exemption to absolute confidentiality
- Able to use at least one community resource
- Linked to appropriate referral services as needed
- Able to learn how to choose behaviors and environments that promote health and reduce risk
- Able to identify personal skills and strengths to use in problem solving
We Want To Hear From You!
In order to provide you with the best service possible, we would like to hear your thoughts and concerns. Please respond honestly; your opinions and ideas are greatly appreciated and will be used to ensure our services meet your needs. Click on the link below to complete the survey.
You have two options for submitting the survey, you can complete the survey as a word document and email it to Mrs. Jacqueline Awe at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can print the survey and take it to King Frazier Student Center room 233. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
How are you feeling today?
Take this anonymous screening and get the results and information that you need, to take
the action that could help you, in less than 5 minutes!
Check it out at http://www.mentalhealthscreening.org/screening/savannah
Click on the link below to experience a powerful relaxation technique using deep breathing
Jacqueline Awe, LMSW Director of Student Development.
Stephanie Steed-Sneed, Office Manager
Seketa Bing-Nelson, MA Counseling Professional
Faye Clark, LPC Licensed Professional Counselor
2nd Floor, King Frazier Complex, Room 233.
A SSU student interested in arranging an appointment can call (912) 358-3129 between 8:30am and 5:00pm. Walk-Ins are also welcome, but must yield to those with appointments. Student Affairs staff members are on call in case of an emergency
after regular hours, but you should first call Campus Police or 911