Welcome to the Counseling Center!
Need help juggling your responsibilities?
The Counseling Center provides free, confidential, personal counseling and support to all students at SSU. We know that college life is a transitional period marked by change, pressure and stress. Therefore, our goal is to help students understand this period, find ways of coping and grow from their experiences.
Mission: - To provide developmental, remedial, educational, preventive and
consultative/training services which will assist students to grow and
experience personal and academic success within the educational
Counseling Learning Outcomes
Students who receive counseling services should, upon completion of required sessions be:
- Able to do positive and realistic self appraisal
- Able to recognize triggers and obstacles that hamper goal achievement
- Able to demonstrate healthy help seeking behaviors
- Able to develop personal goals and objectives to address problems or concerns
- Able to articulate what confidentiality is and identify at least one exemption to absolute confidentiality
- Able to use at least one community resource
- Linked to appropriate referral services as needed
- Able to learn how to choose behaviors and environments that promote health and reduce risk
- Able to identify personal skills and strengths to use in problem solving
How are you feeling today?
Take this anonymous screening and get the results and information that you need, to take
the action that could help you, in less than 5 minutes!
Check it out at http://www.mentalhealthscreening.org/screening/savannah
|Kognito Students||Kognito Faculty/Staff|
ON CAMPUS HIV Testing Center Hours
|BY APPOINTMENT ONLY|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 4:00 pm|
Testing Center Location
King Frazier 2nd floor
Please call 912-358-3129 or come by to schedule an appointment. If the above schedule does not work for you, please ask for other locations in our area.
OFF CAMPUS HIV Testing
FREE off campus HIV testing for Savannah State University Students.
Click here for more information. It's completely private and nothing goes on your medical record.
Jacqueline Awe, LMSW Director of Student Development.
Stephanie Steed-Sneed, Office Manager
Seketa Bing-Nelson, MA Counseling Professional
Faye Clark, LPC Licensed Professional Counselor
2nd Floor, King Frazier Complex, Room 233.
A SSU student interested in arranging an appointment can call (912) 358-3129 between 8:30am and 5:00pm. Walk-Ins are also welcome, but must yield to those with appointments. Student Affairs staff members are on call in case of an emergency
after regular hours, but you should first call Campus Police or 911