New Tiger - Enrollment Check List
It's time to get started on your journey to becoming part of the Tiger family…
ALL ITEMS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED NEW ORIENTATION REGISTRATION:
- Accept you offer of admission through the PAWS account
- Acceptance must be made 60 days from receipt of acceptance to SSU
- Submit a copy of your state-issued ID
- Submit final high school transcripts before AUGUST 1ST. 2015
- All transfer and veterans students must submit all previous colleges and military transcripts PRIOR TO THE NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION OF YOUR SEMESTER OF ENTRY
2. Activate PAWS Account
- Enter SSU Student ID - ("915" Number)
- Enter PIN
- First time user? Your PIN is your birth date in MMDDYY format, example: 102869 (for Oct 28th, 1969).
- Once logged in for the first time, you will be required to change your pin to something other than your DOB.
3. New Student Orientation Registration
Summer, New Student Orientation/Tiger Enrollment Session:
Fall, New Student Orientation/Tiger Enrollment Sessions:
June 6, 12, 19 and 26
July 11, 17 18 and 25
Download the New Tiger Checklist
Phone: 912 358 4338
4. Financial Aid
- COMPLETE the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- View the status of your financial aid by checking your PAWS account
- (Call Financial Aid to speak with your counselor regarding your aid award)
- If selected for verification, submit appropriate documents to the SSU Financial Aid Office immediately.
- Submit your online Housing Application and through the Office of Residential Life.
- Pay Housing Reservation Fee ($50); this fee can also be applied to your student
Orientation is designed to make your transition into college one that is simple and successful.