Students who have been enrolled in another college or university may be admitted to undergraduate study at Savannah State University if they are eligible to return to the college or university they last attended and they have the following minimum requirements met:
- Submit Undergraduate Application for Admission
Transfer students are encouraged to apply for free at www.gafutures.org.
- A complete Certificate of Immunization is required for some Georgia residents and anyone residing outside of the state of Georgia. Check the incomplete documents list on your application status to see if you need to submit a Certificate of Immunization. This form need to be submitted:
Harris-McDew Student Health Center
3219 College Street, Box 20448
Savannah, Georgia 31404
- Verification of Lawful Presence
In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4, all applicants who are accepted for admission or readmission to Savannah State University and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Acceptance to Savannah State University may be delayed until lawful presence is verified.
The U.S. Department of Education will automatically validate the lawful presence of any student who completes a FAFSA application; therefore, if you are applying for financial aid it will not be necessary for Savannah State University to perform additional verification of your residency status. Otherwise, you will be required to submit one of the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (no photocopies)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Current U.S. Passport
- GA Driver's License (issued after 1/1/2008) Optional: Take a snapshot of your GA Driver's License using cellular phone, email to email@example.com.
- GA ID Card (issued after 1/1/2008)
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issue by Dept. of State (DS-1350)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended and have a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.0. Official transcripts must be sent to
Savannah State University
Office of the Registrar
Colston Administration Building
Savannah, GA 31404
Final transcripts must also be sent upon completion of any coursework in progress at the time of application. They may be reached at the following:
Phone: (912) 358-4153
Fax: (912) 358-3165
- Check Course Credit Equivalencies.
Check the Credit Equivalency Chart to see which courses may transfer to Savannah State. If you have fewer than 30 transferable semester hours or 45 transferable quarter hours, you will be considered a Freshmen-Transfer student. In addition to the documents listed above, you will need to submit your SAT/ACT scores and an official final high school transcript.
- Check your admission status here.
|Fall Semester||July 15|
|Spring Semester||November 15|
|Summer Semester||May 1|