Transient Tigers are student defined as an applicant who applies for temporary enrollment at Savannah State University. The student must be in good academic standing at his/her "home" institution and have permission from his/her university's registrar's office to take courses at Savannah State University. The student receives advisement from his/her "home" institution. A transient student is expected to return to the institution in which he/she was previously enrolled.
As a Transient applicant you must submit the following:
- A complete Application for Admission online for free at gacollege411.com.
- A complete Certificate of Immunization is required for some Georgia residents and anyone residing outside of the state of Georgia. Check the incomplete documents list on your application status to see if you need to submit a Certificate of Immunization. This form need to be submitted:
Harris-McDew Student Health Center
3219 College Street, Box 20448
Savannah, Georgia 31404
- Verification of Lawful Presence
In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4, all applicants who are accepted for admission or readmission to Savannah State University and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Acceptance to Savannah State University may be delayed until lawful presence is verified.
The U.S. Department of Education will automatically validate the lawful presence of any student who completes a FAFSA application; therefore, if you are applying for financial aid it will not be necessary for Savannah State University to perform additional verification of your residency status. Otherwise, you will be required to submit one of the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (no photocopies)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Current U.S. Passport
- GA Driver's License (issued after 1/1/2008) Optional: Take a snapshot of your GA Driver’s License using cellular phone, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GA ID Card (issued after 1/1/2008)
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issue by Dept. of State (DS-1350)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- Submit an official statement from the appropriate academic official at your home institution granting permission to enroll at Savannah State University for the term of application. Official statement must come on letterhead in a sealed envelope or come directly from the home institution. Faxed or unsealed copies are not acceptable.
- Check your admission status here.
Transient Tigers Application Deadlines
|Fall Semester||July 15|
|Spring Semester||November 15|
|Summer Semester||May 1|