Students who have been enrolled in another college or university may be admitted to undergraduate study at Savannah State University if they are eligible to return to the college or university they last attended and they have the following minimum requirements met:
- Submit Undergraduate Application for Admission
Transfer students are encouraged to apply at gacollege411.com, that is FREE!!
- Verification of Lawful Presence
In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4, all applicants who are accepted for admission or readmission to Savannah State University and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Acceptance to Savannah State University may be delayed until lawful presence is verified.
The U.S. Department of Education will automatically validate the lawful presence of any student who completes a FAFSA application; therefore, if you are applying for financial aid it will not be necessary for Savannah State University to perform additional verification of your residency status. Otherwise, you will be required to submit one of the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (no photocopies)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Current U.S. Passport
- GA Driver's License (issued after 1/1/2008)
Optional: Take a snapshot of your GA Driver’s License using cellular phone, email to Admissions@savannahstate.edu.
- GA ID Card (issued after 1/1/2008)
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issue by Dept. of State (DS-1350)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- Submit Official Transcripts from all Colleges Attended.
Office of the Registrar, Box 20479, Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia 31404
Official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions electronically. Final transcripts must also be sent upon completion of any coursework in progress at the time of application.
- Check Course Credit Equivalencies. Check the Credit Equivalency Chart to see which courses may transfer to Savannah State. If you have fewer than 30 transferrable semester hours or 45 transferrable quarter hours, you will be considered a Freshmen-Transfer student. In addition to the documents listed above, you will need to submit your SAT/ACT scores and an official final high school transcript.
- Check your admission status Here
Transfer Application Deadlines