Tigers 62 are Georgia residents who are 62 years of age or older that have the option, as granted by Amendment 23 of the Georgia Constitution, to enrolling in the University without the payment of fees subject to the following conditions:
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Must be 62 years of age or older and present proof of age at the time of registration;
- Must enroll as a regular student to audit or take courses offered for resident credit;
- Must pay for supplies, laboratory or fees.
Individuals who do not qualify as mature students (see below) must also satisfy the following:
- Must meet all Savannah State University and University System of Georgia admission requirements including high school graduation, SAT or ACT scores, and participation in Learning Support if required;
- If the applicant has previously attended another college or university, he or she must satisfy transfer admission requirements;
- If a course of study is pursued to degree, all institutional, system, and state-legislated degree requirements must be met. (See REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION.)
As a Tiger 62applicant you must submit the following:
- A complete Application for Admission online at gacollege411.com, that is FREE!!
- A complete Certificate of Immunization is required for some Georgia residents and anyone residing outside of the state of Georgia. Check the incomplete documents list on your application status to see if you need to submit a Certificate of Immunization.
Verification of Lawful Presence
In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4, all applicants who are accepted for admission or readmission to Savannah State University and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Acceptance to Savannah State University may be delayed until lawful presence is verified.
The U.S. Department of Education will automatically validate the lawful presence of any student who completes a FAFSA application; therefore, if you are applying for financial aid it will not be necessary for Savannah State University to perform additional verification of your residency status. Otherwise, you will be required to submit one of the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (no photocopies)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Current U.S. Passport
- GA Driver's License (issued after 1/1/2008)
Optional: Take a snapshot of your GA Driver’s License using cellular phone, email to Admissions@savannahstate.edu.
- GA ID Card (issued after 1/1/2008)
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issue by Dept. of State (DS-1350)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- Check your status online Here
Transfer Application Deadlines