Tiger COMPASS Exam
The Testing Office assists students in reaching their academic goals by providing professional testing services. The Testing Office is a member of the National College Testing Association and the Georgia College Testing Association.
COMPASS Passing Score Requirements
Minimum passing scores
- English 60
- Reading 74
- Math (Algebra) 37
COMPASS Exam – Practice Tests
- What is the purpose of the COMPASS admission/placement testing?
The purpose of the COMPASS admission/placement test is to evaluate incoming students skill level in English, Reading and Math. This is an important test because it determines acceptance and/or course placement.
- How do I know which COMPASS test I need to take?
The Office of Admissions will provide student(s) with the appropriate test requirements based on minimum requirements for acceptance.
- How do I register for a COMPASS test?
Please review the online SSU Academic calendar for a list of test dates or contact the Testing Office at (912) 358-4487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What other tests can I take?
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Test
- Chemistry Placement
- GTREP Math Diagnostic Test
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT Reasoning and Subject)
- American College Test (ACT)
- Proctored exams are also available
COMPASS Exam - General Information & Forms
Whiting Hall Room 247 or 259
Phone: (912) 358-4487
Fax: (912) 358.3993 or (912)358.3991
P.O. Box 40284
Whiting Hall Room 259 Tompkins Rd
Savannah, Georgia 31404
Attn: Tara W. Aikens
Regular Office Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM or by appointment