Student Support Heldesk
Electronic Computing Device Program (ECD)
To further enhance the student’s educational pursuits, Electronic Computing Devices (ECDs) are available for checkout to any currently enrolled Savannah State University student in good standing.
Summary of Program:
All ECD's must be registered on-line. Checkout and return times are available between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Prior to checking out a laptop computer, you must:
Read and complete the Electronic Computing Device Loan Agreement and Use Policy. Be sure to fill out all of the required information. Provide a current and valid SSU Student ID card.
ECDs will not be distributed to anyone not providing their SSU Student ID. A copy of the SSU ID may be attached to your Electronic Computing Device Loan Agreement and Use Policy Form.
Borrowers are financially responsible for:
Full replacement cost of all electronic computing devices (ECDs) and peripherals checked out if lost, damaged, or stolen during the checkout period or full cost of repairs, if repairs are necessary due to damage, including damage caused by spillage from food or beverage.
Any costs or fees that are accrued due to usage or negligence under this agreement must be paid immediately. A hold will be placed on the borrowers SSU student account until the balance is paid. The borrower cannot register, receive grades, or a transcript until the balance is paid and the hold is cleared.
Systems not returned within 24 hours of the agreed upon return date will be considered stolen and notification to SSU Campus Police. A hold and a fee will be assessed to your Student Account. Individual cases may be referred to Student Affairs for disciplinary action.
- ECD computers and Apple iPods will be available for checkout for a maximum period of 45 days to SSU students in good standing with the university.
- ECDs are made available to the student on a first come first served basis. Checkout and Return times are only available between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- ECDs returned late will be assessed the following late fees, plus an additional $5 a day for every day it is late:
- Latitude, MACs, Minis: 100
- iPods: 50
- Never leave the ECD unattended while it is checked out to you.
- DO NOT loan to anyone else.
- It is highly recommended that all personal files be saved on a USB Flash Drive. Any files created and saved on the ECD are automatically erased when the PC is turned off.
- SSU assumes no responsibility for files stored on the hard drive or on the laptop’s peripheral components.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop computer at any time.
- Violation of the above guidelines will constitute grounds for refusal of future service and/or disciplinary action.
- SSU reserves the right to freeze the asset.
- Reserve ECD online
- Come to the Helpdesk
Helpdesk – (912) 358-HELP (4357)
- Length of checkout
Maximum 45 days
Returned before or between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on due date.
- Conditions of loan
- Current SSU student
- Must have a current SSU ID Card
- Read & sign loan contract
- Return on due date
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Return ECD in good condition/same condition when loaned.
- Used when all ECDs are checked out
- ECDs will be held for one day only
- If a student on the wait list fails to pick up the ECD it will go to the next person on the wait list. If no names are on the wait lis,t the ECD will go out to the next person who requests one.
Dell Latitude E-4300
Dell Inspiron Mini 10